I Haven't Been Everywhere, Man

Another blogger posted about a website where you could click on various countries on a world map to indicate places you've been. I thought this was a terrific idea. So I followed the link, coloured in the countries I've been to and saved the image. Stuffed if I can remember the details now.

So, apologies to the blogger who put me onto this for not attributing, and sorry again for not being able to provide a link here.

I blame prolonged marijuana use. But my mates say I shouldn't use a perfectly delightful substance as a scapegoat for my own shortcomings. So okay cannabis sativa, I hereby apologise to you as well. We've been friends for too long to let a little thing like this come between us.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, the map.

It's fine, but it does gild the lily just a tad:

1) Indonesia is only coloured in because I had a two-week holiday in Bali in 1984;

2) New Zealand made the cut only by virtue of a three-hour stopover at Auckland Airport on the way to the US in 1986;

3) Mexico just qualified thanks to a day trip to Tijuana from Los Angeles in 1987;

4) But I couldn't fucking find Fiji, where a stopover on the way back from the US in 1987 provided me with a three-hour Nadi Airport sojourn;

If you know the website where these maps are available let me know in the comments and I'll update.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment